New Windows Version!
MediSoft Advanced, Advanced Multi-User and Advanced Client-Server for Windows are available now! Use your mouse to effortlessly navigate the program, making you more productive than ever before. Don't think you can be more productive? Try MediSoft's multi-tasking features that let you print insurance claims, send claims electronically or print reports while doing data entry.
MediSoft Advanced for Windows is a real, designed-for-Windows program. Take advantage of
features like a common database format that lets you exchange information with other
compatible programs and the standard Windows interface you're familiar with.
MediSoft Advanced Bills Insurance Faster
- Prints standard HCFA-1500 health insurance claim forms.
- Includes software for electronic claim submission.
- Offers multiple fee schedules. Enter and track up to 26 prices for each procedure.
||Store and use twenty-six different prices for every procedure
in MediSoft Advanced. With this multiple fee schedule feature it's easy to charge the
correct price for any patient.
- Tracks visits authorized and used.
- Uses alternate procedures and diagnoses codes to meet carrier requirements.
- Stores billing information to allow duplication of any insurance claim.
MediSoft Simplifies Accounting
- Patient ledgers show all accounting activity on a patients account.
- A quick pop-up ledger window gives immediate access to all the billing detail for an
||MediSoft Advanced's ledger window is easily one of its most
popular features. Get complete, at-a-glance information about a patient's charges,
payments and account adjustments.
- Patient aging reports help ensure that charges are collected more quickly.
- Patient account statements present billing information professionally, urging patients
to keep their account current.
- Prints separate accounts receivable aging, ledgers, billing, reports and more by
- Records billing information by case.
||This window lets you specify which transactions are
paid by an insurance carrier or patient payment. Select the transaction and enter the
MediSoft Makes Practice Management More Effective
- Closing a days accounting is a snap with MediSofts patient daysheet report.
- The practice analysis report summarizes charges, payments and account adjustments. Print
it each month to stay informed about your practices financial health.
- MediSoft includes Office Hours, a complete computerized patient appointment book.
- Print birthday lists, recall patients and create customized reports and form letters
with MediSofts report designer.
MediSoft Improves Collections
- Prints customized patient statements with collection messages and writes collection
- Tracks slow-to-pay patients and insurance carriers.
MediSoft Fits the Way You Work
- Search or browse for all types of information. Search for patients using nineteen
different data fields.
Search for patients using many different data
- Use MediSofts report designer to create specialized reports.
- Use MediSofts own data backup program or specify another backup program to
safeguard billing information.
- Secure billing information with easy-to-use security profiles.
||Set up each user with their own login. Define a user's security
level to limit them only to data entry operations or to allow more access to sensitive
information as necessary.
- Enter data, print a report and do billing all at the same time using MediSofts
- Print reports using Windows printers and fonts -- A print preview is available, letting
you see a report before it is printed.
||The MediSoft Report Designer lets you customize your
insurance claims, patient statements, lists and more. Use the report designer's visual
interface to make your printed output look the way you want it to look. Use Windows fonts
and draw simple shapes to enhance your image!
Get Help When You Need It
- Online help and user manual answer your questions.
- Whether you get assistance from an independent MediSoft dealer, from one of the many
MediSoft training classes or choose to call MediSofts 800-line support service, help
for MediSoft is easy to get. If you have any questions please email us: Accounting Software@medical-billing-software.net
Exclusive MediSoft-Advanced Only Features
MediSoft Advanced includes these features not found in other MediSoft products:
- Pop-up patient account ledger window to get a quick look at patient accounts.
- Payment application to automatically post payments, adjustments, and deductibles to the
- Security features to protect sensitive accounting information.
- Audit files and an audit report to identify changes and deletions in billing data.
- Custom patient data screen to store extra, user-defined information.
- Cascade insurance billing to hold claims for secondary and tertiary carriers until the
prior carrier has paid or responded.
- Remainder statements to let you bill a patient for any amounts remaining after all their
insurance has paid.
- Referral source report to identify the source of new patients.
- Referring physician report to pinpoint valuable referral sources when a practice depends
on physician referrals.
- Billing/payment status report to help office staff staff track the billing and payment
progress on each charge.
- Multiple fee schedules to help you charge the right price for every procedure,
- Bank deposit entry and deposit report to enter deposit information into MediSoft and use
the information to print a deposit report.
- Billing charge to automatically create a billing charge on past-due accounts.
Medisoft Advanced Patient Accounting also comes in a multi-user network set-up configuration and a Client - Server network configuration. The Multi - User is recommended for smaller networks, consisting of 2 - 4 computers (simultaneous users). The multi-user network is normally configured using a simple Windows 95, Windows 98 Peer to Peer network configuration.
The client server is recommended for larger networks, of 5 or more computers; (there is no limit to the number of computers networked a client-server configuration). This version requires a Windows NT operating system (4.0 or above). In the Client/Server setting, the database does all the work requested by its clients. The Advantage Database Server receives the requests for a database operation from the client, locates the database files on the server, processes the database operation, then returns only the results to the client.
This differs from Medisoft Advanced Multi-User. In the Multi-user version, the workstations do all the work. A workstation sends a request for a database operation to the server (or the workstation acting as data host). All the data are sent to the requesting workstation which then processes the operation, gets the results, then returns all the data back to the server.
Because Medisoft uses Advantage, network traffic is decreased which, in turn, improves multi-user performance.
The actual software operation is the same in all three versions. The only difference is the initial network set-up configuration, and the network performance; (the client server being more efficient, stable).